“Change is the only constant in life.” – Heraclitus, a Greek philosopher. The quote has been valid in all spheres of life and especially in the professional world. Most of the times, the degree field of the job role is not in alignment with the degree pursued. Training is provided by the organization but to stand out, the training is not enough. Short term courses come to the rescue at this point of time. One can take these courses at any age and they provide information concentrated around one topic. The precise information sets the individual apart and gives him/her an edge over the others.
Here’s why you should go for a short-term course:
- Depth of the topic – In full time degree courses, you have the whole syllabus to cover and the syllabus usually has plethora of topics. There is no time left to gain the knowledge in depth of one particular topic. In short term courses, the focus is on a single topic. For example, if you are pursuing a short term graphic design course, all the software and tactics of the field can be learnt in short period of time.
- Less investment – Long term courses demand huge investment both in terms of money and time. Three to four years are required to complete the course and the fees is usually high, while short term courses provide more benefits with less capital investment in a short period of time.
- Supports Hobbies – After entering the professional world, a lot of professionals have the urge to develop professional skill-set in their hobbies. Short term courses support the concept of ‘better late than never’. You can evolve in the field that is close to your heart at any point of time with a short term course in that particular field. For example, an engineering professional can take up a short term fashion designing course and step into the fashion industry.
- Networking – Short term courses encourages networking for professionals who have similar interests. For further opportunities and for knowledge transfer, these connections can be used. It is generally interesting to converse with people who share same level of passion for same topic or interest.
- Enhances creativity – If a person is in a creative field wants to enter it, a short term course can be a booster. New and fresh ideas hold an undeniable importance in creative fields and opinion of people with similar interest can add to ideas. With a short term course, the person also updates himself or herself with latest tools and technologies.
WLCI is an institution that provides short term courses in the field of fashion, media, business and graphic designing. Lean, stay young and discover the endless possibilities with one of the best institutions of India.